Thursday, August 23, 2007

§ Prologue §

I was once a boy and not the leader of men that I have become. The future then was not as I had imagined. And the death that I have evaded for so long will eventually claim me.

Until then I have set about putting my life’s story to the pen. It is at times uncomplicated and at times intricate. To this day the losses of my youth have cleft my heart in two, for I realize that without those losses I could not be the “Savior” that I am touted to be today, yet I also realize: I may very well could have lived as my father and his father before.

But that was not to be, was it?

The empire then, was isolated and insular, it had no concept outside of itself; its rule was “right”, the people of Ador were content with the way things were. For the first time in over a thousand years, times were luxuriant and peaceful for its citizens. At no point in history had it ever been unopposed, it was free to do as it willed; even to the detriment of those that lived outside its bounds.

I was such a one.

And this is my story…

No comments: